Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Enjoy Books


Hi Crafty Friends,

This week the Karen Burniston Design Team is collaborating with Brutus Monroe, they have lots of fun products which work well with Karen's die sets. 

Karen Burniston will be releasing 12 new die sets which will be available to purchase in June. You can see a sneak peek of the new dies being released here.  


Today I am sharing my second card using stamps from Brutus Monroe and one of Karen Burniston's new die sets. This time around I have used the Circle Charm Pop-up die set to create my card.

The Brutus Monroe Library Background is another stamp I have had on my wish list for some time now, so when this opportunity came I just had to add it to my list. 

To create my card I started with an A2 sized card and then used my MISTI to stamp this background stamp on the front and also onto both sides of the inside of the card. The image looks a little daunting to color, but it was really easy to color and didn't take much time at all. Some I colored while watching tv. 


I used Karen Burniston's new Circle Charm Pop-up die set to create the pop up portion of the card. The star in the centre circle is attached to the circle using fishing wire and is covered with gold  glitter.

The "Enjoy" sentiment is from the new Word Set 6 - Summer die set also being released this week. For the "Books" sentiment I created this by using parts of various words from both the Word Set 2 and Word Set 4 die sets.

To finish off the card I white embossed on black cardstock, sentiments from Brutus Monroe's Love Sailing and When I Grow Up - Astronaut stamp set. I thought all of these sentiments from these sets worked well to describe what books can do.




Here is an overhead photo of my card so you can see the pop-up portion of the card a little better.

Supplies:




3 comments:

Marlene L said...

Fabulous card! Love the background. Wish it was paper instead of a stamp. This is my new favorite die!

sansuey said...

This is absolutely wonderful!!

Lynne Wagner said...

That library background is AMAZING. Going straight to my wish list!