Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Elizabeth Craft Designs May Designer Challenge



Hi Crafty Friends,

It's time for our May Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team Designer challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today to see what our talented designers created for the challenge. 

Our challenge this month is ..... 
All that Glitters - Glitter can add lots of fun to our stamped or die cut creations. So for our challenge this month add Silk Microfine Glitter in some way to your card, scrapbook layout etc.  Whether you use  directly on your stamped images; include it on the background or add it to your scene. Warm, cool or colored let's have some glittery fun.


For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on our website to 3 winners

To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Facebook Giveaway Blog Post or the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us Which of the new Silk Microfine Glitter Palettes is your favorite, Earth, Beach or Bloom?

We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing 

The winners will be announced on Friday, May 18th on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog and our Facebook page.


In case you haven't heard the news from last month, Elizabeth Craft Designs released brand new glitter colors in 3 new Glitter Pallettes! Each Glitter Palette includes five, 1/2 oz jars of file new ECD Exclusive Colors. Earth- Copper Bronze, Moonbeam, Rich Red, Ice Teal and Vintage Teal; Beach- Pebble Blue, Silver Sand, Sand Dunes, Ocean Blue and Midnight Blue; Bloom- Rose Red, Petal Pink, Lilac, Periwinkle and Crystal Clear.

For my card today I have used four of the new glitter colors from the Beach Silk Microfine Glitter Pack, blue is my favorite color and I love the blues included in this set.

I also wanted to play with the new Fitted Hexagon dies that were released last week. I used the second smallest hexagon die and die cut it 12 times from White Soft Finish Cardstock that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. I then covered 3 hexagons with one of the 4 glitter colors I used for this card.

I die cut a rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the second largest rectangle from the Dashing Rectangles die set. I watered down some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink and splattered that over the white rectangle.

Next I adhered the 7 of the hexagons to the left side of the rectangle.


For the sentiment I die cut the A Way With Words - Congrats three times from black cardstock and once from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Layer the three black ones on top of each other and then adhere the white sentiment so it is slightly offset.

To finish the card I added a few blue crystals and sequins randomly around the card.


For the inside of my card, I adhere 4 glittered hexagons to the left side of my card. I stamped the sentiment from the A Way With Words - Happy Birthday Collection Clear Stamp set to the right side of the card using black ink.

I hope you enjoyed my project today. Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the wonderful creations by our talented designers and for a change to win the giveaway.

Supplies:

Elizabeth Craft Designs:



No comments: