Monday, April 9, 2018

Whisking You a Happy Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a birthday card I created recently.

As you can see I have created a Twist Panel Pop-up Card using the Karen Burniston die set. It's been a while since I have made this style of card so it felt good to pull the die set out and play.


This card started by creating the background panels. For this I used the new Altenew Scallop Builder Stencil which I recently purchased. I just had to try it out. After I created my first panel, I made two more so I could create this pop up card.

I used the Art Impressions Whisk It clear stamp set to decorate my card. I stamped each of the images directly onto the white panels of the Twist Panel section, which is unusual for me as I normally attach them using foam tape which can make this card bulky.

I die cut the Twist Panel mechanism from the purple cardstock and then layered the stencilled background onto the purple card. The sentiment panel is die cut directly into the stencilled background and inlaid into the card, which helps prevent the twist panel section catching when opening and closing the card.


For the front of the card I stamped the lady with cupcakes from the stamp set, and adhered her to a partial die cut circle and also added a sentiment.

I added Nuvo Crystal Drops to all of the cupcakes both on the front and inside the card.


Here is a look at my card as it is closing, you can see how the 4 panel fold in the centre folds up and starts to turn to the side.


And finally a look at my card when it is closed. It may look a little thick, but it does flatten down a little more and will fit into an envelope easily.

Supplies:









2 comments:

jojot said...

great images....fun fold.....bright and happy

Karen Aicken said...

Very cool - you are doing great things with background stencils.