Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sew it's your Birthday


Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a card I created for a good friend of mine. One of her many talents is sewing so as I had recently purchased this fun stamp set from Lawn Fawn I knew I had to use it to create a card for her.


To create my card I used the new Twist Panel Pop-Up die set from Karen Burniston's new line of dies which you can see on her new web site. Last year I made a number of this style of card using Karen's directions on how to convert her Twist Circle die set, but this new die set makes it so much easier to create and no measuring!!!!!

I couldn't find any sewing themed papers in my stash (I am sure there are some in there somewhere) ... but I did find this piece and I thought that all the different squares might look like pieces of material you might use for quilting which my friend does a lot of.


Here is a look at my card as it is closing.


And finally when it is closed. This will close a little more but I added foam tape too all the pieces on the 4 panel piece of card which does make it thick ... but as this will be hand delivered that won't be a problem!


Here is a look at the front of the card. To create the curvy edge which I used on the instead and outside of the card I used one of the dies from the Nature Edges die set.

Stamps: Sewn with Love - Lawn Fawn; Stitches - Penny Black
Paper: White; Pink; Green; Lime; TV Dinner DP - Cosmo Cricket
Dies: Twist Panel Pop Up; Words Set 2 Birthday - Karen Burniston; Stitched Circles; Dotted Scallop Circles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Abandoned Coral Distress Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

SEW cute - I'm sure your friend will like it.

jojot said...

you are the queen of fancy folds....amazing and sweet