Saturday, June 17, 2017

Dahlias


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Joanne Grzelak our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Being the third Saturday of the month it is time for a sketch challenge.


For my card this week I was inspired after watching Susan Tierney-Cockburn and Els van de Burgt on Hochanda TV recently. Susan was showing how to use her new dies which have recently been released by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I loved her Dahlia's she created, so as I had the dies in my stash I pulled it out to play. This sketch was the perfect layout to put the two pink dahlia's I had created.

I always like to include some sort of construction style card when I am creating cards for the two challenge blogs which I am a Design Team of. Sometimes this can be an additional challenge in itself depending on the particular challenge. Of course this week's challenge was no exception and after a little thought decided to use Karen Burniston's Pop it Ups Twist Circle Card. This die has been discontinued by Elizabeth Craft Designs, but Karen Burniston has started a new company Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company and she has released an updated version of this die. I added a sentiment and two flowers to finish the card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.




Stamps: Build a Bloom - Practical Publishing; Bunches of Love - Crafter's Companion
Paper: White; Pink; Dark Pink; Green; ModaScrap Color of Puppies Girl - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Dies: Garden Notes Dahlia; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners; Pop It Ups Twist Circle Pop Up; Stitched Circles; Dotted Scallop Circles; Bunch of Flowers 1 - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Very nice - the Pop-Up inside was a happy surprise.

jojot said...

such a gorgeous bloom ....wowza

essay best said...

oooo.. you know after going through this post. I wanna challenge myself in one way or another. May be i should pick up sketching too. but will prolly need help with that.